Monday, March 18, 2013

Hooowdy-do! Welcome Back to week 58 of The Scoop! (Formerly Cowgirl Up!)


Welcome Back to The Scoop! 
The weekly link party, that features the scoop on the best posts from around the web. 
Stop by every Tuesday, link up and browse through the posts. 
You'll always find great inspiration for projects and discover some new blog friends too. 
As always, add your link right here to my blog and  it automatically shows up on 5 amazing blogs! More exposure, less time.
We are...
Kelli and Kristi LollyJane
Anita Cedar Hill Ranch
Each week we highlight one of our favorite bloggers as a special Guest Host.
Our Guest Host this week is Marty from A Stroll Through Life.
Hello, I am so thrilled to be the guest host this week at The Scoop.  Getting to party with Samantha, Anita, Kelli, Kristi and Linsey is pretty impressive company and such a thrill.   My name is Marty from A Stroll Thru Life.  If you follow my blog, you know that after retiring and downsizing I am on a mission to turn my builder basic house into a warm and welcoming home with DIY, thrifting, sewing, painting and crafting.
My style is basically traditional with just a touch of country, French, second hand redos and goodwill/thrift store finds. I am forever changing things and a neutral background allows me to get a totally different look by simply swapping out pillows and accessories.  You can see some of my many changes here.
  The family room  has gone through many decorating changes also.  Learning to downsize furniture and accessories to fit the room is still an ongoing lesson. To see the entire evolution click here.
 The master bedroom recently got a complete makeover.  It started with this headboard I found at a thrift shop for $75.  The fabric was wonderful, but the wood had to change.
A little paint and distressing turned it into the focal point I needed for the room.  A thrift shop dresser and goodwill nightstand that I refinished, completed the makeover.  You can see all the before's and after here.
 Thanks so much for letting me share my home with you.  I host a party every week called Table Top Tuesday, after you link up here,  I would love to have you link up with me and join the fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for joining us Marty!!   Let's take a look at your creative projects,  chosen from last week's party! "The Scoop" party features this week were by chosen by  Anita of Cedar Hill Ranch(I'm filling in for Linsey, since she was on a fabulous spring break trip.)
This week the features are...
Petticoat Junktion - Cherry Red Cedar Chest
Knick of Time - Seeing Signs

Twigg Studios - Lavender and Lemon cream biscuits


It's Overflowing - The Easter Story
A Cozy Place Called Home - Is Your Blog Name Legal to Use?
Giggles Galore - Peanut Butter and Jelly Party

Now it's your turn.  Link up on my blog, and your post shows up on 5 blogs!
(Please read the guidelines before participating)
Please follow (GFC) and/or subscribe to your host blog.
* You may link up any type post.   
* You may link as many links as you want.
* Be sure to include THE SCOOP Button or text link to in your linked post, Mandatory to be featured!!
* By linking up you are agreeing that the photos are yours or that you have permission to use them, that we may use those photos to feature your project on a blog post, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter with a link back to your blog of course. 

14 comments:

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Thanks for hosting, love joining in. Have a great week.
Denise

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks for hosting, glad I could join in. Have a sunshine week.
Joy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your host blog A Stroll Thru life from wonderful and talented, lady Marty. All it says the blog it's true and beyond, it's very inspiring for all of us! Thank you for sharing. Thank you also for having me again at your great party. Hugs,
FABBY

must love junk said...

Thanks for hosting-I just linked up! :)
Susan

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting week after week, I am glad to be joining in again... have a great evening!
alderberryhill@nl.rogers.com

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks so much for hosting...gotta go check out these neat looking features.

Blessings,
Linda

ornate splendor said...

Thank you so much for hosting! So many lovely ideas to enjoy!

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for having me today. It's been a while since I've joined in so I'm thrilled to be back and linking up to your fabulous party!

Best wishes for a wonderful week!
Natasha in Oz

The Vintage Chateau said...

Thanks for hosting such a great party. Marty is one of my favorites! I'm a new follower.
Karee

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

I love your blog.. and the music that comes on . I sit here and listen and read thru your blog .. stop by The Rusty Pearl we love having ya ...........Hugs and have a blessed new week

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for a great party every week!

xo, Tanya

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thanks for hosting each and every week - love that I can join in from the other side of the world :D Lovely features - so much inspiration! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

Thanks for hosting another great link party!

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...